What this course includes...
This self-paced course includes all of the information you will need to weave with wire on your own time on a multi-shaft table or floor loom. The course includes video instructional modules that will teach you how to:
- Prepare a 3 yard wire warp
- Beam and tie the warp onto a loom
- Consider choosing wefts, how to wind bobbins, and weaving the wire
- Decide about various weave structures and setts
- Work with the woven metal fabric for:
- Sculptural forms
- Vessels & basketry
- 2D bas-relief wall hangings
- Mixed media use
- Navigate the course with a 33 page workbook that includes written instructions to support the video content
- Gain permanent access to the course information
- Connect with Christine before, during, and after you take the course for questions and sharing.
- Obtain approved access to the private Facebook Weaving with Wire community comprised only of workshop participants.
NOTE: This workshop is designed for 4-8 shaft table & floor looms only. It is not intended for a true beginner; the participant needs to have a basic understanding of the warping and weaving process.
Christine is working on a course of Weaving with Wire on rigid heddle looms. If you are a rigid heddle weaver, subscribe to my Fiber Studio School and she will send out updates when that information is ready.
You can see examples of Christine's woven metal work below. What direction do you want to take with your own woven metal fabric? Christine will support your creative ideas to bring them to reality!