What this course includes...
This 3 Day Zoom Workshop includes all of the information you will need to weave with wire in a virtual workshop environment on a multi-shaft table or floor loom. The Zoom workshop will have a cap of 10 participants. Zoom workshops that will take place over a Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are calendar scheduled and have specific dates - check dates carefully of Zoom workshops when selecting what you want to sign up for!
This 3 Day Zoom Workshop will provide you with time to work on your own – a general schedule of events is shown in the downloadable PDF handout – Workshop Supplies and Materials List. The course includes video instructional modules that will teach you how to:
- Prepare a 3 yard wire warp
- Beam and tie the warp onto a loom
- Consider choosing wefts, how to wind bobbins, and weaving the wire
- Decide about various weave structures and setts
- Work with the woven metal fabric for:
- Sculptural forms
- Vessels & basketry
- 2D bas-relief wall hangings
- Mixed media use
- Navigate the course with a 33 page workbook that includes written instructions to support the video content
- Gain permanent access to the course information
- Connect with Christine before, during, and after you take the course for questions and sharing.
- Obtain approved access to the private Facebook Weaving with Wire community comprised only of workshop participants.
NOTE: This workshop is designed for 4-8 shaft table & floor looms only. It is not intended for a true beginner; the participant needs to have a basic understanding of the warping and weaving process.
Christine is working on a course of Weaving with Wire on rigid heddle and small looms. If you are a rigid heddle weaver, subscribe to my Fiber Studio School and she will send out updates when that information is ready.
You can see examples of Christine's woven metal work below. What direction do you want to take with your own woven metal fabric? Christine will support your creative ideas to bring them to reality!